Unfortunately, the series of SHC Termly Challenges has now come to an end. We will, however, be restarting them in September, so keep a look out for when you can get involved in the next academic year.
Take a look at the page below for an idea of what to expect in September.
What is the Termly Challenge?
The Termly Challenge is a creative outlet for students, giving them an oppourtunity to showcase any of their talents outside of their academic studies.
What and when are the challenges?
Challenge 1 - Creative Writing
For this challenge, students can submit a piece of creative writing in the form of:
- Short Story
- Film/Game synopsis
Submission Deadline: 22/01/2018
Challenge 2 - Practical Challenge
Students can submit a piece of practical work that they have created. This could be:
- 3D Design
Submission Deadline: 26/02/2018
Challenge 3 - Surprise Us!
This is the challenge where students can submit something completely different to anything listed in previous challenges. For example, submissions could include:
- Dance Routine
- Musical Performance
- Drama Performance
Submission Deadline: 18/04/2018
Are there any entry requirements?
Any SHC students can enter the competition, and students can enter each challenge as desired. There are some Terms and Conditions that can be viewed below:
- Each challenge can be entered as an individual or as a group (please note, prizes for groups will be limited to gift vouchers.).
- Entries must be befitting to the challenge. Have something that you think meets the requirements but aren't sure? Send it along to us, we'll review it and let you know.
- Winning entries from the 'Final Four' cannot be resubmitted into another challenge.
- For challenge 2, we will not necessarily need to see the final outcome, however will require proof that it is yours. This evidence could be in the form of pictures documenting each stage of the creation process.
- For challenge 3, if the entry is some form of performance, we will not need to view the whole performance in person, but entry of the performance will require a video.
- Students can only submit one entry per challenge.
- We will not be accepting entries for later challenges until the winner from the prior challenge has been announced.
How can you get involved?
Students can submit their entries here, or bring it along to the Admissions team located in D301.
What prizes can be won?
Once the winner has been announced, they will be able to choose from a range of prizes such as, Beats X, Apple Earpods, Fitbit, Beats Pill, Canon Bridge Camera and many more...
How will the winners be announced?
Once all of the entries have been collected, our staff judges will choose the 'Final Four'. The Final Four will go head-to-head via a Twitter poll where friends, family and the public have 7 days to vote for their favourite.
When the poll is over and the results have been calculated, the winner will be announced and invited to the Principal's office for a short presentation and collection of their choice of prize.
Please note, we reserve the right to override any final decisions indicated by the Twitter poll to circumvent any cases of adulation bias.
All entries must be students own work - any submissions found to be plagarised will be disqualified; SHC reserve the right to reclaim prizes or the monotary value of the said prize.
SHC 2018 - Challenge 1 Creative Writing
SHC 2018 - Challenge 2 Practical Creation