Multi Trades Level 1
This course is designed for those interested in a career in the Construction industry and will also act as an excellent Foundation programme for those who are unsure about which career route in the industry they wish to follow.
You may progress onto a Level 2 Diploma course. Alternatively, you may enter employment directly into the industry returning to study further qualifications on a part time basis.
On completion of this course and depending on your Maths & English results, you can progress onto:
- Level 2 multi-trades
- Other level 1 or 2 trade specific course
- Heath and safety in construction
- Safe use of tools and equipment
- Developing a range of practical skills for each trade area
- Underpinning knowledge and theory to support your studies
- Painting a panel door
- Constructing angled halving joints
- Fixing architraves and skirting
- Fitting locks and latches
- Installing one way light fitting
- Bending and joining copper pipes
- Block Walling
- Block Paving
Each unit is assessed by a practical task with underpinning knowledge questions. The mandatory health and safety unit is theory only and assessed with an end of unit test.
4 GCSEs grades 1/2 including English & Maths.
The skills developed on this course could increase your chances of having a career as a:
- General repairs operative
- Handy man
- Odd job man
- General repairs and maintenance