These courses prepare students to work with children between birth and five years, with knowledge of children up to seven years of age. On our courses, students gain hands-on experience of working with children and learn all about subjects such as child development, safe environments for children and children and play. Irrespective of level, students are also required to complete and attend work experience as part of their course.
A total of 8 units must be achieved for the full qualification.
Course themes include:
- Introducing the role of the nearly years practitioner
- Legislation, framework and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school
- Professional development.
Students should have a range of GCSEs at grade 1/2. Entry will be heavily dependent on a successful interview.
Careers & Progression:
- Level 2 Child Care Course
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Assistant Nursery Nurse
- Classroom Assistant
- Nanny / Child Minder
- Pre-School Assistant