ASPIRATIONAL PATHWAY TO EXCELLENCE
New for academic year 2019-2020
Welcome to APEX, Shooters Hill Sixth Form College's A-Level Programme dedicated to encourage students to Aspire, Perform and Excel.
Shooters Hill Sixth Form College is proud to introduce you to APEX, our reinvigorated, focused and streamlined A-Level delivery programme, created with input from universities,
students, teachers and industry professionals.
The Apex Programme has been designed with you in mind to help you achieve the best results possible. We will guide you all the way from the first step through our doors to the first step into
university, employment or high-level apprenticeship.
APEX students are identified by distinct black lanyards and have access to the APEX Lounge and the APEX Forum among other benefits.
- Dedicated A-level study space - The APEX Lounge.
- A-level networking events.
- Trips and visits to high level professions and places of work to speak to top performing professionals.
- Trips and visits to Russell Group Universities.
- High level work shadowing placements, gain work experience and possible internship or employment at jobs catered to A-Level students.
- Have your say in how SHC is run via The APEX Forum.
- Access to all SHC services – Gym, City view Restaurant, Hair & Beauty Services and more.
- First choice in being an SHC Ambassador – SHC ambassadors visit schools, conduct college tours and run workshops helping students in Y10 & Y11 to make informed choices for their future education.
- Access to the Duke of Edinburgh and Jack Petchey Awards.
- Students Interested in medicine and biomedicine can use 3D software to study human anatomy my and understand the role of a surgeon in procedures such as heart surgery.
APEX A-Level Subject Choices
We have a wide range of A-Levels and complimentary BTECs that you can choose from.
|Computer Science||Media Studies|
|English Lit & Lang||Psychology|
|3D Design||Art & Design|
|Business Studies||Graphic Design|
|Computer Gaming||Health & Social Care|
BTEC Certificates and Subsidiaries are bite sized BTEC qualifications that can be taken alongside A-Levels. They provide UCAS points comparable to A-Levels so will allow you to meet your University entry criteria.
The APEX Experience - A-Level Taster Day 4th July
Become an A-Level student for the day!
We know there are a lot of choices and you want to make sure you make the right choice for you. That’s why we have developed a taster day designed so you can try out different subjects before you make your final decision.
Still unsure after the day?
No need to worry, you don't need to make a final choice until you enrol in August!
There’s no need to sign up, if you have already made an application for A-levels you will automatically be sent an invite.
success & achievement
Every year we send a high number of our students to universities all over the country.
We have a dedicated employability team who work with students to secure great work experience opportunities while they are with us, and even better career options when they leave us.
Celebrating Success at SHC
We recognise our students' achievements with a yearly award show. Students, parents and teachers come along to share their success stories and bid farewell to those departing to university.
Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
What is the Extended Project Qualification?
The Extended Project is a chance for students to complete a research project on a chosen subject, usually presented in a written report of approximately 5,000 words.
What is the EPQ worth?
The EPQ is equivalent to an AS level, allowing students to further increase their UCAS points.
In my final year at Shooters Hill, I studied Sociology, Philosophy & History. Thanks to the help of my amazing teachers at Shooters Hill, I am now an undergraduate, studying Religion, Philosophy & Ethics with French at King's College London.