Level 1 Diploma in ICT Users
This is a one-year course designed to help students develop a range of employability skills and techniques, understanding, personal qualities and attitudes essential for success in working life.
There are excellent career opportunities for all those with qualifications in Information Technology. BTEC Level 1 forms a solid basis for progression towards advanced ICT vocational qualifications at Level 2 and 3 at Shooters Hill College.
Possible Progression Options
- ICT BTEC Level 2
- Improving Productivity
- Using IT Imaging Software
- IT User Fundamentals Desktop Publishing Software
- IT Communication Fundamentals
- Multimedia Software
- IT Software Fundamentals
- Presentation Software
- Using the Internet Spreadsheet Software
- Using Email Website Software
- Using Mobile IT Devices Word Processing Software
- Design Software
Students should have a range of GCSEs at grade 1/2.
The level 1 course allows students to prepare for study at levels 2 and 3. Studying ICT at a higher level will enhance your skill set, preparing you for a range of career options, including:
- Web design
- Databases and record-keeping
- Security of transactions
- Digital advertising
- Computer-aided design (CAD) of products