Multi Trades Level 2
Open awards are QCF Level 2 qualifications designed to provide specialist work-related qualifications in a range of sectors. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. The qualification provides the underpinning knowledge in the Construction industry. It also provides a progression route to higher educational vocational qualifications. In addition it also allows for students to continue at level 2 in a single trade area.
On completion of this course and depending on your Maths & English results, you can progress onto employment into the industry returning to study further professional qualifications on a part time basis. Learners can progress from the Openawards Level 2 in Construction to Level 3 BTEC qualifications (depending on grades) including BTEC Diplomas in Construction and to specific GCSEs and Applied GCSEs, or onto trade qualifications.
- Heath and safety in construction
- Safe use of tools and equipment
- Developing a range of practical skills for each trade area
- Underpinning knowledge and theory to support your studies
- Exploring Health & Safety
- Exploring Painting & Decorating
- Basic Blocklaying
- Communication in the workplace
- Responsible work Practice
- Exploring Carpentry & Joinery
- Construction Drawing Techniques
Each practical unit is assessed by a practical task with underpinning knowledge questions. Theory units are assignment based and written responses must meet the criteria set for each unit.
4 GCSE’s grades 3 or above, including English & Maths.
The skills developed on this course could increase your chances of having a career as a:
- General repairs operative
- Having own business