Level 3 Art and Design
This course is for students wishing to specialise at a later stage in one specific pathway i.e. Applied & Graphic Design, Fashion/Textile/Surface Design, Interior Design, Architecture, Photography & Film, 3D Design.
This qualification offers a full and engaging programme for students who are clear about their progression area for higher education or employment.
The qualification provides the underpinning knowledge in the Art & Design industry.
This course provides a progression route to Higher Education to related degree programmes or BTEC Higher Nationals.
Our students are going to the university of their choice in London and throughout the UK.
The highest course comprises of 13 subject specific units to be completed over a two year period.
Each unit is designed to give the students a wide experience of the different elements within the Art & Design field. The Extended Diploma is the equivalent to 3 A Levels.
The course units are based on 7 mandatory units:
- Unit 1 = Visual Recording and Visual Communication, Art and Design
- Unit 2 = Critical and Contextual Studies in Art and Design
- Unit 3 = Creative processes
- Unit 4 = Materials, Techniques and Processes in Art and Design
- Unit 5 = Developing an Art and Design Portfolio
- Unit 6 = Managing a Client Brief
- Unit 7 = Developing and Realising Creative Intentions
And 6 Specialist Units based on specific specialist areas:
- 3D Design and Site Specific Briefs
- Photography & Film
- Surface & Textile Design
- Graphic & Applied Design
Units 1, 2, 6 and 7 will be set and marked by Pearson.
5 GCSEs grade 9-4, including Maths and English.
GCSE Art is desirable, but not essential. Students should convey an interest in Art through a portfolio of their work.
Working within the design industry:
- Graphic Design
- Production Design
- Interior design
- Theatrical Design
- Fashion industry
- The film and photography industry
- Fine Art
- Community Art
- Art therapy