This Bench Joinery course is designed for students interested in a career in the Construction industry, whilst also acting as an excellent
intermediate programme for those who are unsure about which career route within the industry they wish to follow. From Level 2 students can
progress into employment or onto the Level 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Set up and operate a circular saw
- Setting out details for bench joinery products
- Mark out from setting out details for Bench joinery products
- Manufacture Bench joinery Products.
Construct various wood work joints to produce a :
- Panelled Door
- Produce drawings
- Use various machines and tools to produce bench joinery products .
- Use and maintain a circular saw
4 GCSEs, Grade 9 - 3, including Maths and English.
- Carpenter and Joiner – Bench Based Level 3
- Furniture Maker
- Window and Door Frame maker and fitter
- Site carpentry Level 2